Tuesday, October 18, 2011

All About Diamond Shapes

Shapes for Diamonds

Here are all the Shapes of Diamonds I've Seen Out There:  Remember, Shape is NOT the same as Cut (of the 4 cs, which include cut, color, clarity, and carat)

These are my favorite in order

  1. Princess
  2. Emerald
  3. Marquise
  4. Round
  5. Oval
  6. Radiant
  7. Trilliant (Triangle)
  8. Pear
  9. Baguette (not as sparkl-y)
  10. Asscher
What are your favorites?  I think that the princess cut is becoming more and more popular in the modern era.  I'm not sure if antique engagement rings would really look good with princess cut (I think they need round diamonds) but some modern rings on blue nile and james allen look really really nice with a princess cut.

A lot of my friends have princess cuts, in fact I'd say more have princess than round, even though I know round is more popular

Here are the Top 5 Most Popular Diamond Shapes and here's a link to Blue Nile, where they have some good info on Diamond Shapes.  If you're ready to take the leap and buy an engagement ring than that site just might be fore you

Finally, just in case you need a 4 carat emerald cut ring and want to spend almost 200k on it, Costco has one :)

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.
George Jean Nathan

Read more:http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_love.html#ixzz1bMLkPwbj

Bye bye for now!  Have a great afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment